Monday, December 10, 2012

Watchful Eye Day 1,427

Today we were blessed to have God's protection.
 
We have 60 acres, on a corner piece of land.  A great deal of it has areas that drop off steeply if you go off the road.  By this I mean if you go off the road, you go down a ways. In some areas, quite a ways down. Yesterday, we got a large accumulation of snow, so Eddie was out plowing.  Because the township likes to plow in our driveway, he cleans the road in front of it so there is nothing for them to deposit there.  As he was turning around, this morning he slid a bit with the tractor & the front end went off the road, a ways; but not too far. Just far enough I had to rescue him with the truck & tow strap.
 
Hee hee, I even got complimented on being a good tow truck driver. But I am very thankful it didn't go off on an area where there is one of the deeper drops. Could have been a bit more challenging (and dangerous).  He could have been hurt had that happened, so we are blessed it did not.
Both our vehicles are 4 wheel drive; but I used his truck to do it, seemed the wiser choice as he has the luggy tires. Didn't want to embarrass the big old tractor with my little Tracker pulling it out of the ditch. Heck the tires are almost as tall as my 6+ foot tall hubby & they could easily roll over my little car if the tractor wanted to get even. (& to all Eddie's buddies, yes he knows I posted this)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive input and sharing how you or someone else has 'Made a Difference' ;o)