Sunday, December 9, 2012

Blessing another Day 1,428


Here is an opportunity to be able to bless another.....anonymously

Did you know there is a place where you can answer one of the many letters that go to the dead letter office during the Christmas season??? Yup, those North Pole letters??? Here is a link, if you feel so inclined....


I know many of my friends don't do gifts; but heck sometimes helping out a family that has gone through a hardship or a child who needs a coat or has a wish for something special, sometimes giving something special goes beyond a myth...just a thought. 

It is called Be An Elf & is not actually affiliated with the U.S. Post Office at all. They just accumulate the letters sent to a certain someone at 26 post offices around the country. Here is the link to their web page & they do have a FB page. It is legitimate, I saw it on the Today show. My kids often didn't have a lot of necessities, others sometimes stepped up & helped.  It was often done by someone we didn't know, left without a note other than a helping smile or with love at a special time.  It always brought a smile & a tear, never felt it as charity; always appreciated.

We step up & help children in other countries, we can also help children in our country. So even if you don't believe in a 'Christmas' gift, couldn't you just give someone a 'gift'? Fro
m your ♥ ? Isn't that what true giving is ??? Just my humble opinion !!! Eddie & I give year round, we don't box giving into a day or two anyway....

(It appears some post offices only have open days in December, others don't have set days. If you go to the link I have put, it gives you a link to locations with dates & times. Check with them.)

I just thought I would share & maybe make a difference in another person's life.  Not only the recipient; but the person who was able to bless another, from the heart ;)


(I am not affiliated with this organization in any way, learned about it on the Today show myself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive input and sharing how you or someone else has 'Made a Difference' ;o)