Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Memories Day 1,412

Merry Christmas Everyone
Started the morning with Bing Crosby in Going My Way, love that movie, especially the end when the old priest's mom comes in from Ireland after not seeing each other for 45 years. Makes me cry every time & I have seen the movie hundreds of times. Even when I don't watch it, the memory of it brings a happy smile to mind. Then I will watch a few more oldies, love these old movies on TCM.  Can watch them over & over again, enjoying them even though I have seen them a thousand times.

Then I gave Eddie his one gift, a goofy flashlight (he likes unusual flashlights & levels). Turns out it needed 9 AA batteries, we only had 4; but you can do it in sets of 3 so he was able to do one leg.  It is a 3 leg light with really bright lights on each leg, like a tri-pod & he really likes his light too.  We don't exchange gifts. We usually go shopping & choose what we each want, been married so long it is better this way, then we really get what we want. He chose a 24 in 1 ladder; but I found this neato flashlight a while back so had it stashed. I truly cannot think of anything I really want, so have no gift as of yet. I am fine, if & when I think of something we will go get it; but I don't need anything & there is nothing I really want, so why spend the money on anything. ♥

Off to make breakfast for the two of us. Maybe some heart pancakes, or eggs & ham. Haven't decided; just wanted to take time to first wish you all well & a blessed day.

May your Christmas be a special one, spent with someone (or many) you love. It is a special day, first & foremost because of Whom it represents; then for the spirit of Love that it carries with it. Finally for the joy it seems to bring to so many. 


For those who have the bittersweet joy of loved ones gone, I pray you have joyful memories to remember & smile on. Wrap yourself in the happy times together, knowing this is the rose they give you to hold in times when you need them most. That rose that is always in your heart; because they will always be close to you there. It is the strength of those memories that gets me through when I miss friends who are no longer near or who have gone on ahead of me. Hugz to each of you!! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive input and sharing how you or someone else has 'Made a Difference' ;o)