Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Thankful, peace of heart & mind Day 1,411

Today was just a really nice laid back & quiet day. Had a few phone calls to make; but otherwise it was nice to not have any deadlines or places to go. All, but one, order has been filled & there is time to do that one yet.  So I took time to work on a shawl for me.   Relaxed with time to meditate & be thankful for what I have.

It is really a neat thing to ponder that I could not think of a single thing that I wanted or needed for Christmas. I did receive a really cool t-shirt & a couple friends sent me some stitch markers for my knitting; but I still cannot come up with any ideas for anything I really want or need.  God has provided everything we need, there really isn't anything we are lacking.  We have enough food & the means to prepare it.  We have heat & the furnace, electric, electronics.  We have friends & family, near & far.  Our vehicles both work fine & our health is satisfactory.  I have enough yarn to keep me busy for a while yet; though I can always use more needles.  
I am sure there are a lot of things I could put to use. Yarn is always something I enjoy, shawl pins are fun to find; especially ones that used to be brooches in days gone by. I love the ones with a vintage look & found a few more today; but I really look for the bargains.  I also enjoy making my own, being creative in unusual ways.
But all said & done, I have to say I am quite content with where God has me & with what He has provided.  So that being said, I am just thankful for that peace of heart & mind today. 
Be blessed everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive input and sharing how you or someone else has 'Made a Difference' ;o)