Sunday, December 16, 2012

Harmony, of a Different Kind Day 1,421

Today there is a different kind of harmony. Not one that most would think; but by one our mom taught us. A unique one; one that many have thought weird over the years.

It is not unusual for Eddie & I to share that we were not only introduced to each other by my ex-husband; but we often went to motorcycle rallies together as a group. He & his 3rd wife, Eddie & I. For the first few we would go as Bahrs, Bahrs, Bahrs & Davis.  We weren't even married yet, that really got the looks.  It was fun & really got the conversation going.  Then all of a sudden we were hitched & it changed to B & B, D & D.  Still fun, just didn't draw the looks like before, LOL.   You will still see his 4th wife post positive comments on my FB postings.

That harmony our mom taught us is the peace for our children. Regardless of the fact that we could not get along & ended in divorce, our children were not to be in the middle of it. We lived it fully & completely while growing up in her home. I honestly do not remember her putting down my father in a negative manner. He had faults, yes; but we found them out on our own. He was welcomed in our home on holidays or whenever, by the current husband & my mom. Never with discord in front of us.


I did the same with my ex & my sons has done the same. My grandchildren see to have been blessed to know the same harmony & it is a blessing to see it throughout our family. I often see positive encouragements throughout for all sides, lifting everyone.  Though my son & his girl had not married, they did have two beautiful children & parted ways peaceably.  She is now happily married, he is engaged & both ladies post positively & encouragingly on each others FB pages.  The children are free to love both families equally & that is beautiful.  It gives them the freedom of loving without guilt & is so important.  My sons call their dad just that & my hubby is pops.  I am mom & I am not sure what they call his current wife; but I am not threatened by any name, it is fine with me.  They are free to call her mom if they like, it is their choice & freedom to do so. 

Though it is sad to see the homes that had been broken, it is a blessing that those broken homes did NOT result in broken lives of children whose parents used them as pawns in arguments or ping pong balls in battles. Instead they were allowed to love both families freely & completely. Not only my children & grandchildren; but it is throughout my sisters families too & the harmony that started with my mom's unique & what others call weird (we call wonderfully blessed) way of parenting, has blessed more than one generation. I pray the broken homes stops with ours. If it doesn't though; I know the harmony will continue thanks to the matriarch at the top who taught us the importance of loving a child ..... completely with harmony from the heart ♥
 
This one makes a difference in a child's heart; think of how many lives that will affect as generations pass down....... WOW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive input and sharing how you or someone else has 'Made a Difference' ;o)