Friday, November 2, 2012

November, Thankful Days 1 & 2

Being grateful in life, can show in our attitude & our attitude can really make a difference in the effect we have on the people whose lives we touch each day. (don't forget to put it in The Awesome Jar)

Sorry I am Late to begin this, going to try to post every day.  Please feel free to join in.  I am seeing a lot of folks posting thing they are thankful for.  I agree with the majority.  Top on my list is God & my salvation, these give me reasons for life.  I am thank for Eddie my grumpy hubby who is truly a teddy bear in grizzly bear's clothing, my sons who kept me going when we didn't really have any other reason, a five super special grandchildren (2 I have never had the pleasure to meet in person) & another trio just added through one of those sons.  We have 3 most awesome great-grandsons who make us smile, great-nephews who are a delight & so many many more blessings; but I want to try to find something unique about each day to list here that I am thankful for.  The above & other everyday things I am thankful for & they may bring to light something special as we fill our thankful jar.......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
November 1st~~~~
This day brought a most special moment of thankfulness.  I won't go into all the details, except to say that dear hubby finally decided to do a cover-up on a tattoo that has bothered me for over 25 years.  God laid on our hearts to contact our youth pastor for his recommendation on who to do it.  This had a domino effect which lead to a steak dinner date, knitting lessons, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, & the cover-up taking place within a 3 day period.  Wow, connections are something to be thankful for.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
November 2nd~~~~
Today I am thankful for the study we are doing in The Good Morning Girls, Colossians 3:23, And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men, this verse has gotten me through many a challenging work situation when in life.  When there was something I didn't feel like doing for mom or for my boss, I would do it for God.  Not only would I do it with a better attitude, I would do a better job of it.  I taught my children & oldest grandson to do this also.  This really helps to shape work ethics, it takes the 'I' factor out of why we do things.  When we take the 'I' factor out we stop worrying about it not being 'my' job, or 'I' should've been off 10 minutes ago, or 'he' didn't have to do that much, etc.  

So what are you finding to be extra thankful for today?????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive input and sharing how you or someone else has 'Made a Difference' ;o)