Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 1,454

Blessings continue to overflow.....



Blessing 1,454 is I am blessed to look around & have so many things to be thankful for. Around every corner is another little thing that brings a special memory or a smile. I feel sorry for those people who read another's post & can only something negative, not realizing that the person writing it never meant anything negative at all. A relative recently assumed that about my wanting to count down the next 4 years with a blessing every day.  Right away she based it on the election, which I was not happy about; but more so because in 4 years I am able to apply for Medicare.  Because of who got elected, beginning in 2014 I will be fined for not having insurance which we cannot afford, so instead of getting upset I figured I would look for something good in every day.  Of course, some people assume & many of you may know that that only makes an ..... well I will let you finish what it means ;)

So today is a multiple of thankfulness.....

~I am thankful for friends who find joy, even in trials that I cannot imagine. They are such an encouragement to so many.  I have several who are truly so very ill with awesome positive attitudes.
~Thankful for the smiles of children
~Thankful for the sunshine & chill in the air, a new freshness comes with that snap of cold.
~Thankful for the crunch of snow as I walk like a penguin across it
~Thankful that I can walk across the snow, even when my hip tells me to stop, Lyme's did damage; but I can still waddle along
~Thankful to be alive and able to shout out to the neighbor almost a mile away & he hollers back a hearty hello.
~Thankful for many years we had our Rikki (pictured above) in our lives, he was both a blessing & a pain in the bum; but he is a rose from our memory garden of life.   
~ I am so thankful for that Memory Garden, filled with beautiful flowers planted there by the gift of memories that God gives us as we go through our lives.  We pick from there often & each brings a special smile at just the right time.  Thank you Lord, for that very special gift that you gave to each & every one of us.  Truly makes a difference in our lives when needed most of all.
~Rikki you were something, glad we had those 15 years with you.
Have a beautiful day, everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive input and sharing how you or someone else has 'Made a Difference' ;o)