Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Day 1,446

Today I am so thankful for the mind. I am in awe of what some can create. I know that it is truly a gift from God. Have you ever considered, ever really sat down & thought of the things that have been invented?  My goodness, our state (Wisconsin) alone has only been a state since 1848.  That was just 164 years ago.  How much things have changed since then.  The first horseless carriage wasn't until around 1875, that was 27 years later.  Thomas Edison wasn't even born until 1847, so his inventions were a ways off yet, still in candlelight for a while.  In 1876, Mr. Bell invented the telephone; but Samuel Morse built a practical telegraph in 1837.  How did we get along?

I do enjoy the line, 'Necessity is the Mother of Invention', and in many ways it is true. When we need something, someone uses that awesome gift God gave them & many benefit from it. Sadly, there are also many who overcharge others for that gift; but since this is a blessings post we won't go there. It has been fun listing some of the beginning inventions above.  I chose WI since I have lived here 59 of my 60 years.  It amazes me to see how far we have come in just that short period of time, makes one wonder how far we will continue to go.  Now things seem to be invented even faster & without necessity.  Often for greed or want.

Have an awesome day!!!!!! Get your thinking caps on................................what can you look around & see that has been invented that you use????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive input and sharing how you or someone else has 'Made a Difference' ;o)