Thursday, November 15, 2012

Blessing 1,452

Today it dawns on me how blessed I am.....in wealth!!!!! ♥

So many people count wealth in a monetary way or by things!!!! They work so many hours, trying to achieve these big bank accounts & for what????

I found out so long ago, that has absolutely NOTHING to do with money. I know some people who have far more than we do & they do a really good job at making sure everyone gets to SEE they are happy; but their comments & their written words  often don't match those pictures. They are just surface gestures, they don't seem to have joy to their hearts. Now in total honesty, no one can judge your heart. That is between you & your Creator; but genuine joy goes beyond 'things'.

When you have to cling to the things you have to find joy it is not as much fun as when you can share them. When you can see the joy in another's eyes because you were able to give them that thing that gave you joy. To see that smile from their heart & know that they are now knowing that same joy, now that is REAL joy. Sure, now you don't have that particular joy; but now you get the opportunity to share in their joy & God will bring a new joy into your life. Does that make sense?

Let's see if I can explain it differently. I love to design, & then create, all different clothing items. It is one of my greatest joys. Many of my friends & family can tell you this. When I make something, it is designed for me, it brings me smiles & I love wearing it. I love the warmth it brings to my heart. Then, one day, it (the clothing item, I know I am strange) tells me it is time to move on. So, I wrap it up & lovingly pass it along to another. Now it is bringing love & warmth to that person. Sure I miss my thing, I poured my heart into it, I made it for me; but now a part of me is a part of you.

This is a wealth that NO amount of money can buy. 
 
It is the same whether it be a hug or a bag of groceries, going out & cutting a load of wood, shoveling a sidewalk, giving a listening ear (sitting quietly, never saying a word), a husband who is going to sit through the musical 7 Brides for 7 Brothers or Peter Pan, it doesn't have to be expensive in the world's eyes to be worth millions to the person receiving it.  And so on, and so on... There are so many examples I couldn't begin to tell them all because we each have different opportunities.

Recently Brother Brian gave me a million dollar gift. We won't say what it was, but the value is beyond anything in this world. There are a few who can agree. This is the wealth I speak of. This is blessing 1,452. Have you got this wealth?????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive input and sharing how you or someone else has 'Made a Difference' ;o)