Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day 1, 447

Today I am so very blessed that my real friends respect that I am a hermit by nature & I like it that way, most of the time.  My hubby is the opposite, a true social butterfly.  He needs interaction with numerous people & frequently.  This actually works well for us, since it also gives me even more time to be alone.

Then there are days when we do things happily together, or with friends.  I do enjoy going to church, though not so much the social gatherings.  I just am not a people person.  I do go; but tend to sit more on the side.  My friends do try to involve me; but depending on the day, they also give me space.

I enjoy going over to a friend's home & working on projects with them.  Right now I am helping one friend to become better at mastering her new sewing machine.  She is anxious to be able to make things for her husband & sons.  So far we are tackling a new Awana bag for her eldest.  We also finished hemming his blanket on his bed & the table cloth on the kitchen table.  We have plans to make his birthday gift next.  I will help her to do a custom applique on a fleece for him.  She wants to be able to use her machine to do items for them & for others so she can make a difference in their lives.

I think it is important for us to understand & respect another's need for space.  We may not agree with their perspective of interaction; but we can best be their friend by respecting it & enjoying their company in a way that will bless each of us.

Have an awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive input and sharing how you or someone else has 'Made a Difference' ;o)