Sunday, November 11, 2012

Countdown 1456

Today is Veteran's Day & it is only fitting that first & foremost we thank them.  So I would like to thank my husband Eddie & my ex, Butch, both served in the Marines & Vietnam.  They were not treated well when the war ended; but our country learned & veterans are treated better upon return now.  Though the gov't still does not treat veterans well.  I think they should take lessons from other countries such as Ireland.  There a veteran is an honored citizen, here it is politicians, sports players & movies stars that people hold with much higher regards.  Veterans are treated as second class citizens & it is a shame.  They should receive at least as much regard as a politician who receives pensions & medical, free & clear at very high rates for themselves & family.  Instead a veteran has to fight tooth & claw, not only for country; but for benefits.  Still they often do not receive them.

Secondly, I would like to thank the civil servants to take care of our local needs.  They are on the local battle lines & finally the clerks who put up with an awful lot of flack & meet us daily, as we do our everyday tasks.

My final blessing is my pastor.  I have a very active mind.  Because of this, if my hands are not busy it tends to wander everywhere & anywhere.  I am blessed to have a pastor who does not object to my knitting, crocheting or even binding a prayer quilt during services.  I am still able to jot notes as I do this without any problem; but because my hand are on this task, my mind doesn't wander around.  It stays in one place thereby listening to the sermon or singing the song.  I can still tell you what last weeks sermon was about.

Though not every member agrees with what I do, the majority do not have a problem with it.  My eyes are most often focused on the pastor & I am enjoying every word.  After all, if I were taking notes I would not be looking up, would I?  So I want to send a special thank you to Pastor Mike, he is a blessing to me & my unusual mind.  I cannot say if any of my previous pastors would have objected, I never thought to ask them.  I do know that a friend who is a pastor's wife thinks it is an awesome idea & that another pastor's wife is now knitting in church also.

I apologize to those who find this wrong; but advise that maybe they should be paying attention to the sermon & not to what others are doing on their laps.  That is not where the sermon is.  Be blessed in the way God has for you today.  For each of us it is unique & special.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive input and sharing how you or someone else has 'Made a Difference' ;o)