Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 1,457 countdown

As always I begin with what I posted on Facebook 

Those that know me best know my mind goes 24/7. So I open my eyes & already thoughts are forming on my 1,457 blessing is the freedom of CHOICE. 

 Wow, such a wee little word that can carry big consequences. My hubby & I did in-prison ministries for 7 years & I remembered something an inmate once told me.  We, including himself, often take choices so for granted, once inside, the choices greatly decrease.  

How we don't consider that our choices can, & often do, have an effect on more than just ourselves or our family; but others around us or even our nation. Not the ones like what to have for dinner or how to fix our home. Though, think about the grocery store.  My goodness it can be mind boggling just picking one cut of meat, veggie or even the type of potato or onion. Even mushrooms have a wide variety or which ice cream.  Checking the label, for nutrition or calorie count or fiber or or or or.......

Sometimes it can be something even more significant.  It can b
e something that would benefit our family for good; but in the long run a different choice may bring our family an even better end result. Kind of like the quote I recently shared on Facebook a few days back regarding 'Discernment' It is not knowing the difference between right & wrong; but it is knowing the difference between knowing the difference between right & almost right. Charles Spurgeon.

So when we make a choice, that we are doing because we want to something better for ourself or our children; maybe we should also look beyond that one item.  Look at the whole picture, see if there are more elements that may be in play.  Sometimes, oftentimes in fact, there are several items that are together & that one item you find most significant is just one of many & though 'almost right' & 'very important', it is not the 'most important' issue that needs to be considered at the time.  Thereby a different choice needs to be made for now, so that in the long run, your family would be far better off.  

As a human, we more often react than respond.  It is our nature to do so.  So we must consider the next few months or even years & try to determine if a different choice might not even be the better one. One that would improve our family further down the line, maybe into our grandchildren. Last Sunday I did a note on choices, on the way to church both Eddie & I had to consider a couple choices we made that very morning.

Seems interesting God keeps waking me up with this subject. Must be an important one for me & others too, one we should consider in our lives & share with our children. Have an awesome weekend, today is supposed to be a beautiful one in WI; but then isn't every day that you wake up a beautiful day???? It is for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive input and sharing how you or someone else has 'Made a Difference' ;o)