Thursday, January 10, 2013

WI Weather Roller Coaster Day 1,396

Mid-January, Northern WI & it is raining. Strange, very strange indeed. Interesting, not freezing on the roads; but strange. In 2 days the temps are supposed to drop by more than 35 degrees back to normal January temps.

Already I have seen a hard killing frost on my birthday, the day before the first day of Summer. That is June 20th folks.  We plant our gardens up here during Memorial Day weekend the end of May.  Luckily, that year, I had several tomato plants waiting to get in yet in a protected place.  So I was blessed.
 Corn crops suffered greatly though, that did not do well that year at all.
 Never dull in WI; but wouldn't trade it either.  I do truly love living in WI on the Weather Roller Coaster.  I tried California for a few months, Christmas was a terrible time to be there.  So in my 60 1/2 years of life, I spent just over 6 months living somewhere else.  Never again, I will die in WI.  I don't like being out in the cold; but I don't want to live anywhere else, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive input and sharing how you or someone else has 'Made a Difference' ;o)