Saturday, January 5, 2013

Friends (Friday, 01/04/13) Day 1,402

Sorry, I was sidelined by not feeling so well last night. More something I ate in my old age than anything serious.
Anyway, I was blessed yesterday by friends. We had a wonderful lunch with Patrick at the Curtiss truck stop, with our favorite waitress Lisa. She truly takes care of our (& all her customer's) needs with a genuine smile. It is always a pleasure to go there. She enjoys her job so much & is very good at it.
Patrick is the widowed friend of ours.  His wife was a good friend of mine.  We enjoy his company often & we make it a point to go to this restaurant a couple times a month.  He & Eddie chatter, I knit & eat with them.  We do have a good time.  We go other places too, always an enjoyable visit together.
On the way home Eddie asked if I had heard from my friend Liz.  Then when I go home I rec'd a call from her, hadn't heard from her since Christmas & we had a great chat. We don't get together much in winter since we both drive over an hour to meet in the middle, so our chatting time is precious. I can't wait till Springtime, we will get together over lunch, share what we have been working on & laugh for a couple hours.  We do this 3 or 4 times over the warmer months.  We also have Eddie take the kids out in the boat for an afternoon or two of fishing.  They really enjoy that time well spent while Liz & I sit back & observe the 3 of them.  
It is always a great blessing to be able to talk to friends on the phone or in person. Was only a couple days ago, I heard Lynn's happy smile over the phone too. Her hubby has been so ill for almost 9 months now.  When the weather is nice, we tend to make a wrong turn & pop down for a visit.  That wrong turn is a several hundred mile drive & entails a couple nights in a motel; but so worth it for all the smiles & well wishes it brings. I am truly a blessed person. 
An added thought, my sister commented on facebook how she lives close; but we seldom talk.  When we do it is usually in depth & quite interesting.  When she needs something we make sure she has it & we follow her closely on-line.  Often we drop off little surprises that we collect on our travels, those 'in the hand' items I am talking about below.  I guess she forgot about them.  I am somewhat of a hermit & to those who read this, it is important to remember when you think someone has not contacted you to ask yourself if you have contacted them.  Not being unkind or anything; but I can tell you that she has not contacted me either.  If she has a need I do hear from her, then I try to meet it; but to just say hello there is seldom a contact.  I do like my isolation; in fact I prefer it.  If you want to write or call & smile, I would love to hear from you.  If someone wants to call & complain is the only thing, not so much; but I will listen.  Just don't count on me to maybe be making the contact as often; but I will still do the little personal items & touches.  Just not so much the ear to hear.  :)

Remember to give someone you care about a call or drop them a note (virtual is nice for a quicky; but in person, paper & voice are the real blessing) People have gotten so used to just doing things by texting or on the computer they seem to forget the lovely feel of a card or photo in their hands, or how wonderful to hear someone's voice or best yet to see their smile, face to face.  So don't let this modern age take away the best forms of communication completely.  Take time to say hello in an old-fashioned way.  ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive input and sharing how you or someone else has 'Made a Difference' ;o)