Thursday, January 3, 2013

Date day with Hubby Day 1,403

Blessed to spend a great day with my hubby, Mr. Eddie. We did a large laundry day. Including sheets, blankets & jackets. We try to break it up more; but with the holidays, it ended up being quite the load.  We had 4 big front load washers & 6 dryers.
My hubby is particular about how some of his garments are folded, so since he retired he does those himself.  I always sort them into their own dryer.  By the time I folded the other 5 dryers, he still had not finished t-shirts & skivvies.  I think we ladies could teach the Marines a thing or two on how to fold much more quickly.  LOL The ladies at the laundromat always think it is neat, they love watching him do each fold exactly as if he were still in the Marines.  I giggle, to myself, I did them my way for many years & they were just fine.  I'm not complaining, it is that much less I need to do if he is doing them.   At least he helps now & if he wants to do it his way, so be it.

Then we did some shopping, got a good buy on a new king-size blanket.  It is so pretty, I made it the new bedspread & moved the old one to the position below it.  Picked up new chips for the camera & some yard goods for the memory quilt that is coming together nicely.  Then we finished up with a few groceries.  After that we headed over for lunch at China Buffet. I had my usual egg drop soup & a plate of mixed toppings, Eddie ate his usual plates of items I cannot eat.  This way he gets to enjoy foods that I am allergic too.  All in all, it was a really enjoyable day we spent together.  Quite pleasant indeed.

Home to get the bed made & relax. Yup, we had a good day. Thanks Mr. Eddie!!!
So many couples think they need to do a fancy date to have a good time.  Yes, it is important to take time to be together.  Put away the electronics, have a conversation & enjoy each other's company; but it can be done while doing every day thing too.  You can do quality time even making the bed or preparing a meal together.  The important thing is to take time to be together, just the two of you.  If you have kiddos, you still need time for two.  Not just bedroom time (though that is important); but special time for two & also special time for the whole family.  Make this a priority & you will make a difference in your family & how they interact with others when they are away from home.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive input and sharing how you or someone else has 'Made a Difference' ;o)