Saturday, June 19, 2010

A thought about depression

First of all if you are thinking suicidally, please seek medical help. Though my way of dealing with mild depressive episodes may also help you, please contact a person who can help you to deal deeper.

I suffer from mild episodes of depression, though they don't seem mild when they happen. I don't know what triggers them, could just be that I am older and my hormones like to dance on my day occasionally.

I have found if I do something for someone else, it really helps. I have several projects that I work on at all times. When I have one of these days, I work on ones that are gifts or special items I am designing for someone else. By taking my mind off of me and my, down in the dump, thoughts I find that I improve and actually accomplish a lot.

Today, my nieces took my mind off of whatever it was. Didn't know the cause, but it was getting really dark. As a result two young ladies will receive some customized dresser scarves designed specifically for them, for their birthdays; and I received a special gift from them. Because of our love for each other, I am smiling instead of crying.

I dedicate this days posting to two sweet and special girls, K & M. Love you guys ;O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive input and sharing how you or someone else has 'Made a Difference' ;o)